If you new Blackberry isn't recognizing your cellular network (or if you're having activation issues with Verizon), check that the network settings are correct by following these simple instructions.
1. Select the Blackberry symbol on your phone's keypad to access the applications menu.
2. Select OPTIONS from the applications menu.
3. Select MOBILE NETWORK from the menu.
4. Scroll down to NETWORK TECHNOLOGY. and select GSM/UMTS if you are using a SIM card or 1XEV for Verizon service.
5. Select GSM/UMTS if you are using a SIM card or 1XEV for Verizon service.
Also, to use the full internet capabilities of your phone with a GSM network, you will need to download the service books. Your carrier might be will to do it for you, or you can visit BERRYOLOGY
. The charge is $10 for the service.